Saturday, April 19, 2008

Nespresso, doll-faced Persian

M. has mentioned Nespresso several times. So finally today we went to the Upper East Side to check it out.
It is in this fancy neighborhood, with Armani and Valentino types of stores across and around it. But it looks great! The atmosphere, the service, the comfortable, leather armchairs and sofas, great tasting and looking coffee, spring water they pour you, instead of tap. There are two separate modern looking, smaller bars and a shop, with Nespresso machines and coffee to purchase. They actually make you free espresso or even cappuccino to show you how the machine works and how good their coffee is.
I would definitely recommend this coffee place. It gives you an unique experience, and it's definitely worth the price. And it's close to the Central Park.
On our way back, from the park, we stopped at a "puppy place."
I can't pass a place with animals without going in and taking a look at them. Or several looks. Well, this puppy place, has many, many cute puppies, and three of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen in my life, except for my girl Nina, of course.
They were doll faced Persian kittens. I held one little 10-week-old cuddly, furry boy, and I was melting. Guess how much he costs. $1,800, a couple who was considering getting him told us. I know! Crazy, ha? He is really adorable. It was hard not to keep him. But thinking about all those poor cats in shelters, it would be a sacrilege to buy a cat, when you can and should get one out of the shelter.

No comments: