Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Hour

Am I the only one to whom all the things happen at once?
Over and over again, I get a job offer when I'm traveling or leaving that city, or something or a sort.
Well, I got a part today in the next production of Michael Chekhov Theatre Company's Happy Hour. It's a funny little play in which I have two vignettes, one to open the show and one to close it! Perfect! It's a great opportunity to have a good credit, invite people to see me, including the agents and casting directors, if I'm that lucky so they would actually show up. (They probably will only if I suck that night, pardon my French:)
I would be jumping up and down, but my parents are coming this weekend and we are supposed to go to D.C. for a couple of weeks, and spend time together with my sister and her newborn baby...
Now I have rehearsals all next week and half of the week after that. And then performances on May 3, 10 and 17.
The performance dates are actually o.k.
The rehearsals the week after next are killing me!
But I like my little part and it's sooooo hard to get one in this cruel city.
So I'll scramble.
But please come, see me. Everyone has to pay something, including M. and the rest of my family. But it won't be much, I'm sure. And I'm not getting paid, you know that. No one pays you to act in N.Y.C., unless you're a star.
So it will be in 45th. Street Theatre. I'll know the exact time on Monday...

No comments: