Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spike Heels

I'm still working on my scene from Spike Heels with my partner E. It's been a learning experience, of course. We put the scene together through different steps, almost every week. First we read it in class, then read again, then did the scene improvisation, then did the scene with script in hand, then finally put it up without the script. Tomorrow will be our third time putting it as an almost finished project, if E. comes to the class. She might have to pass, due to other obligations.
So, I am Lydia, if you recall. A rich woman whose fiancee just postponed their wedding, and she thinks it has to do with Georgie, his slutty female neighbor. She also finds Georgie's clothes in her fiance's apartment just before the scene starts. So my current problem, with my character is that I am not angry enough in the beginning of the scene, at a woman whom I think ruined my life.
It is really hard to start the scene enraged! I'm supposed to be angry through my words and my actions simultaneously, while thinking about my lines and next steps...
It's work, let me tell ya.
From my limited experience as an actor, acting for TV if much easier than stage. You can screw up, and the camera rolls again. Not so much of a luxury on the stage. You have to think quickly, and act as well.

No comments: