Friday, April 11, 2008

TurboTax sucks, so does Verizon and Toshiba

I've spent an hour and a half with a tech support guy from Toshiba this morning. I swear, my ear was numb. We never planned on being on the phone for that long so we never bought an "earless" phone. That would be o.k. if they would have been able to help, but alas...
M. spent at least two hours last night on the phone with Turbo Tax and Verizon people, due to the fact that he can't e-file our tax returns. You already know where I'm going with this, right?
Turbo Tax support said call Verizon. Verizon said call Toshiba. And Toshiba? Guess!
You're right, Toshiba said call Turbo Tax.
Idiots!
So I had to yell a bit at the Toshiba guy. And he caved in. Yelling usually works with tech people. I guess it scares them off. With M. it's just the opposite. So I would try not to use that technique on husbands.
Apparently, we have a problem with sending and receiving large files. I can't upload a video to my blog or You Tube. Or e-file taxes.
So we can call them again. Round and round we go. I bet they will keep transferring the responsibility to each other. Until one of them is lucky enough to figure out the problem. Yes, it's nuclear physics. Or whatever you guys say...

No comments: