Saturday, April 12, 2008

Law and Order, with me in it

Yes! I finally got to be on Law and Order, even if for just a minute and with only pantomiming words. But I was ecstatic yesterday anyway!
The shoot was in the Law and Order studio, at Chelsea Piers. Everything on that floor was Law and Order, even the kitchen. It said on the door:"Law and Order kitchen!"
My scene was in the courtroom you usually see when you watch the show. I actually thought it's the real courtroom. Nope. It's a set. Outside of that room, it's a big mess--lights, cords, concrete...
I was told to go outside the door and when they say "action," I walk in, "talk" to one police officer, then to the other, try to find a seat in the courtroom filled with junkies, pimps and prostitutes, in disgust, since the lawyers, the court system or something of a sort, is on strike!
So, I was standing outside this courtroom door, waiting for the call, and smiling, even laughing from how good it felt to be there. Here I am, on the set of my favorite show! After only seven months in the city. Hey, back in August, I didn't even know how this city works, let alone the world of acting.
The only better thing would be to get a speaking part on the show.
So I started networking. I put my cards on Law and Order board. I met Linus Roache,the guy who replaced Sam Waterstone, who by the way, is sooooo nice. I met couple of other actors and I gave my card to the guy who was managing the background talent, saying: "I'm actually an actor..."
At first, I thought that all of the people there are actors. But last week and this one, I found out that most are, but some not.
At the end of the night, I was happy with how I behaved. I was proactive this time. I felt so good about myself. Hopefully, something will come out of it. If not, there's always the next time. And believe me, this is only the beginning.

No comments: