Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Palomar

M. and I checked into the hotel Palomar last night. It's a beautiful, modern, new, fancy hotel in Dupont Circle in Washington D.C.
It would be quite pricey this time of year, but M. has some work to do, so we got a good deal that will be payed by his employers.
After we checked in, there was a cocktail hour in the lobby. So we grabbed a glass of good wine, and sat next to an artificial fireplace in a packed lobby until M. had to run to a meeting.
I stayed in my small, but very nice room until I finished my red wine, and then all perky and full of energy decided to go to the gym. The sculpting room, as they call it, is also small but with all the equipment one needs for a nice, short workout. They also have water, and fruit in the morning, towels. There were only two other men there besides me. After my nice 35 minute workout, I decided to take a bath. I usually shower, but being alone in a nice, clean hotel room, made me wanna take a bath. And I did. It felt great, so relaxing. Afterwords, I slipped into one of the leopard robes they give you to use while you stay in one of their rooms. You can also buy it for $120 if you really, really like it. They are nice, one leopard, one zebra, but not $120 nice.
Then M. came back. We ordered Armand's pizza, our favorite D.C. pizza and watched Elizabeth:The Golden Age and the Idol.
A perfect, relaxing evening. I felt like I was on vacation, not back in D.C. where, until recently, I've lived for three years.

No comments: