Monday, April 28, 2008

D.C. audition

I went to my first audition in Washington D.C. today. I wanted to compare the experience with the ones in New York, plus try to get a paid job. I could stay with my sister for a while, and babysit.
When I came to the Arena Stage Theatre, there was no one waiting in line, despite it being an Equity Principal audition. Deference number one. Then, the auditioning space was huge, humongous compared to the ones in N.Y.C. It looked more like a dancing space than an acting one.
The casting person was a pleasant, younger, dark skin and haired man. He laughed throughout my monologue. I must admit, I was flattered. And a bit distracted. That never happened before. They usually laugh once, or just smile several times, but he was really entertained. Then he asked me if I'm based in D.C. I explained the situation.
So I was in and out in five minutes. That happened before in N.Y.C.? Maybe once.

No comments: