Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I will not be a fool, period!

Not only that I fiercely responded to Extra Talent Agency partner's e-mail yesterday, I also wrote a letter to the editor of the magazine, in which I read about this agency.
He was nice enough to contact me today, apologize and ask me if he can contact this agency for comment.
At first, I was flattered. And glad. I mean, they deserve all the scrutiny and bad publicity they can get. But then, I started to worry a bit. I mean, they have my address. Also, could they sue ME? I don't think so, it's not a slander if it's true, right? On the other hand, this is the U.S.A. And, I really want that refund. It's my way of making them pay for what they haven't done. And my way of making me feel better about myself and my judgment. And less gullible.
So, I consulted M. I partly discussed my fears with the editor. And finally, said YES!
The truth is, as much as I hate to admit, I was upset about this whole thing. I don't know what in me screams for justice, even in smallest matters. Maybe it's not justice, maybe it's this incredible fear of being made into a fool. Of being used. In any sort of way. I think it has been manifested in different ways all throughout my life. Even if it happens to someone else, I always demand retribution. I just can't let things go. And I don't think I should.

No comments: