Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mary Anderson in Ocean Grove, NJ

I was Mary Anderson multiple times last night in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. Russian Star too. Yes, I participated in these readings organized by a playwright, Larry Myers, in a little "Starving Artist" theater. How appropriate:)
It was actually better than I expected. Not only me, but the whole deal. There were four other actors there, plus a tiny audience and the playwright, of course. The flayer said he's "award winning." I hope that's true. I have never heard of him before.
But we made people laugh. And it wasn't boring. And I thought I did well.
M. was there with me. He knows me well, but he did say that I transformed the moment I was on stage. That feels good. Really good. And I can feel the transformation.
They "booked" me for another reading in N.Y.C. on March 21. Hopefully, there will be more people. And I'll be even better.
What I'm really hoping for is that this role will help me get a better one. And eventually, I can actually get paid for doing what I love.

No comments: