Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Naked Cowboy

I tried to go to three auditions yesterday. I write, tried, because on all three sites, there were about 40 people ahead of me, and the moderator told me to come back after lunch. I didn't feel like it since these studios are not that close to where I live, but are close to the Times Square. And don't really like Times Square. Subwaying back and forth, walking and still not being sure I'll be seen, since I'm not Equity...I didn't think so. So I left my headshots(like that would make any difference) and met M. for coffee, in a shape of a cupcake in Union Square.
On my way back from the last audition, I saw the Naked Cowboy. You must have heard about him, if not saw him. It's this guy who plays guitar in Times Square with only his cowboy hat, tidy-whites and cowboy boots on. LOL! People were obsessed with him, flashing pictures...I didn't spend much time there, because I don't like the Square,it's so crowded and flashy, I was on my way somewhere else and, the most importantly, it was cold! It couldn't have been more then 45F or about 7C at the time.Not exactly the underwear weather.
I asked M.: " Why do you think he's doing that? It' cold. I haven't noticed any place to put money..."
"Maybe he just likes the attention, "M.said. He certainly got plenty of that.
Maybe the city pays him?
Anyway, M. said: "Uh huh, what if I've told you I've seen the naked cowgirl..."
Well, let's just put it this way, mildly--I wouldn't be happy.
But, I swear, I wasn't looking, I just saw him...

No comments: