Thursday, February 14, 2008

Those Park Avenue doctors...

I finally made myself go to a general practitioner. There's really nothing wrong with me. Well, at least not health-wise:). But I've been feeling tired lately, even when I'm not doing much. So, I thought, maybe I am anemic or something. I just wish they found a way to check one's blood without needles. Oh, well...maybe one happy day;)
When I entered this Park Avenue office, it didn't look Park Avenue at all. It looked modest. There was one older woman waiting and a Romanian check-in woman, with a very strong accent.
"I'm here for a check up."
She asked:"What's wrong with you."
"Nothing,I just wanted to have a regular check up. I haven't seen a doctor in a while."
Well, that was really a lie. I did see a dermatologist recently. And my brother-in-law, who's a doctor when I was sick coming back from Serbia. And a Serbian doctor in September...But neither one of them checked my blood. And I feel that if my cholesterol is fine, and the rest of it, I'm fine for another couple of years.
"Let me check with the doctor,"the Romanian woman said.
I guess they don't like "checking" healthy people.
Then another woman came down the stairs. Then another, coughing her lungs out. They all work there. No sign of the doctor though.
I was already regretting my decision when one of them said that I have to pay $350 of a deductible if I want to see this doctor.
I gladly took that queue.

No comments: