Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Writing, writing, yet again

Some of you might know that I used to write poetry. I haven't really done that basically since I met M. Coincidence? I don't know. Maybe I was just done with poetry after writing it since I was only an eight.
But what I always wanted to do is write the book. Not a book of poems, but a novel. Over time and thinking about it, I settled on actually writing a book of short stories. After all, my favorite writer of all times is Laza Lazarevic, who wrote amazing, heart-stopping, unforgettable short stories. I know I'm never going to write as good as he did, but I can do my best.
Somehow, while moving and adjusting to N.Y.C., my acting and job search, I forgot about my book. I did write couple of pages months ago. I have a pretty clear picture of where I want it to go, but I am still a "write what comes out of my head and into the keyboard" type of a writer, at the moment my fingers hit it. And, if I don't like what comes out, I alter it. Or delete.
When I get it all out of my head, I like to take another look or two, and put it in some kind of order.
This time, I came up with what I hope is an original concoction. Maybe I can write these historic stories, and alter them just a bit, change names, description, small stuff, and keep the real life, feelings, thought, acts. Maybe I can even translate the best of my poetry and add it, at the beginning, or at the end of each story or a chapter. Something like Tolstoy used to do. (I just came up with this.)But he used sayings to define a chapter.
Anyway, today after I came back from a lovely breakfast at the Intercontinental with my father-in-law, I felt inspired. I wrote for at least an hour. It seemed longer. But I was very happy with what came out.
So my new plan is to try writing every day. I can't do it at the desk, like normal people. I can however, like now, put my laptop on my lap, and all on the sofa, or take it to a cafe. That makes it fun and fruitful. I'm actually really looking forward to it.
And don't worry, it's nothing like my blog:)

No comments: